How to change password for Schema in Oracle Identity Manager ?
If we want to change the password for all schema in existing OIM Environment then it may not be a straight forward task.
It require careful steps need to be taken or you might end up with inconsistent environment.
Steps are as follows –
- Update the password in data source tab of weblogic console for every data source. Don’t activate the changes immediately. First you update the same in database as well.
- Once done stop all managed servers only
- Now we need to perform modifyBootStrapCredential operation for OPSS Schema from wlst invoked from oracle_common/common/bin locationmodifyBootStrapCredential(jpsConfigFile=’<My_Domain>/config/domains/name/config/fmwconfig/jps-config.xml’, username=’TEST_OPSS’, password=’<Newpassword>’)
- Stop the Admin server now
- Start the Admin Server
- Update password in OIMAuthenticationProvider [In Weblogic Security Realm]
- Update password in domain security credential store, Login in em console go to security then credentials. Look for OIMSchemaPassword
- Stop the Admin Server again.
- Start complete environment.